Author Topic: 2013 season...  (Read 13479 times)

Mudracin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
2013 season...
« on: January 17, 2013, 02:42:06 AM »
I hope everyone can get re-registered and this one will be less of a problem than the last one  lol   :o

I have along way to go to get the red truck ready and my new one built, is anyone else getting close to being ready to race??  I am ready i guess just not the trucks..   ;D

moneymaker

• View Profile
Re: 2013 season...
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 04:50:51 PM »
we haven't touched the trucks at all, have a few changes in mind, just haven't taken time to do anything.

hyperactive

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 06:55:37 PM »
Been bustn ass on the weekends on mine. Still have to mount seat, do steering, fuel system, wiring, and put the gears in. Then body work and paint.

Mudracin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 05:05:41 AM »
I'm still looking at a frame, with motor, tranny, and t-case in it, and almost have the suspension and axles under it, but still have a ton of work to do and thats just building my new one not getting the red one fixed and ready too... looks like i might have to end up having some very short nights of sleep to get em ready... starting to feel the time crunch already  lol

Mudracin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 05:47:00 AM »
The dang flu has my progress stalled, how is everyone else comming along?  Any pics of builds or mods??   Defiantly having mud withdrawals ;D

hyperactive

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 07:47:05 AM »
Seat and brake pedal mounted. Ordered new fuel cell. Going to mount bump stops and trans and trans case today.

hyperactive

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 05:13:51 PM »
Engine is lower in the frame and the trans and trans case are in.  8)

taildragger

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 07:43:40 PM »
yesterday put in new fuel pump and had to torch out part of the frame to get the pump installed. also put on my new headers. ran truck for about 10 minutes and upper radiater hose popped off . I got a steam bath and neighbor thought truck was on fire. I am looking forword to April 20th bogg and my birthday. see all of you 23 feb.

Mudracin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 11:20:53 PM »
Waiting on new rod ends and suspension will be done... Will fire it up right after banquet when I get carb back...   Gettin it really close just the small things, but they take awhile usually, then got to put new bars on the front of the red truck, and new front clip.. And maybe new paint on both??    Then to rebuild my motor and swap it in when ever done...   Gotta lot of work to do!!!   How's everyone else comming along??.   Any new pics??

moneymaker

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 05:35:43 PM »
well, i still haven't touched the trucks. i did start moneymaker the other day ,had to move it, the sound of it is getting me in the mood. have a few changes in mind but only thing that has to be done is pull tranny and replace front pump.  we just finished a 327 for corkeys 68 malibu, hope to have it going this summer. working on new engine for james.s truck , need it ready for his prom next month.

hansen

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 09:19:14 PM »
gota drop engine back in and im ready to race. should be done next week

hyperactive

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2013, 07:04:04 AM »
Getting back on mine today. Building bump stops and bars for my dash. Then i can pull rearends out and weld everything up and put gears and axles in.

Mudracin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2013, 05:35:34 AM »
putting new rod ends on the 4 link today, finishing wiring everything up, putting limiting straps on , put a few gussets on it, and get it ready to start next weekend...   getting closer on the new one ...  then need to get going on the red truck, hopefully dont find anything new to do to it...  right now fix inner fenders to accept fenderwell headers, build new front clip and hopefully paint the whole truck, build new ladder bars and hope to put new bearings in  it too...  going to be a busy few weeks...

cantrells

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2013, 09:08:54 AM »
Still trying to get saw dust off trucks. Been a busy winter

hyperactive

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2013, 06:49:42 AM »
Didnt get anything done. My father in law had a massive heart attack on Friday and is in really bad shape.  :'( Hope it all works out but not looking good.